The need to create an invoice arises when you have rendered a service to your client or sold goods to your customer without receiving cash from them. It automatically adds to your debtors. For you to track the credit transactions that have taken place over the course of your business operations, you have to create an invoice for that particular customer.
How To Easily Create Invoices and Track Payments:
From your homepage, click “Create Invoice” to create your own professional-looking invoices. QuickBooks makes tracking payments easier than ever—with reports and the Customer Centre.
TIP! You can also use QuickBooks Simple Start to automatically email invoices—with faster delivery you get paid faster.
Create an invoice in a few easy steps
1. Select the customer you’d like to invoice at the top left. If it’s your first customer, you’ll be guided step by step.
2. Choose your payment terms. This is the date you’d like to be paid. The default is net 30 days.
3. Enter the Item name -product or service you’re selling (e.g., 3 Room Houses).
4. Enter a description of the service or product for your customer (e.g Full Year Complete Clean, Vacuuming, Ironing, Wiping surfaces, Polishing, Clean bathrooms, toilets, and kitchens or how much you’ve charged the customer-if there any discount.
5. Enter the amount the customer will pay you for services rendered.
6. Choose an income account which categorises your receivables (the money coming in to your business).
7. Use the Customer Message box to send your personal message to your customer.
8. Click Save and close if that is all. Use Save and New if you have another invoice which you would like to create for another customer.
QuickBooks will automate your calculation processes and you will see the amount of receivables from each of your customers.